Transportation to and from Cairo Airport
By vehicle :
The distance from Cairo airport to downtown ‘’ Tahrir square’’ is about 22 km/13.7, the trip can take about 30 minutes, and up to 60 Minutes during rush hours.
Transportation Fare’s from Cairo Airport to ‘’Tahrir’’ square:
• An average of 13 USD or 200 L.E when using ‘’white taxi’’ cash payment is only accepted.
• Uber limousine or Careem limousine, credit card payment is accepted, application is available on play store.
CTA bus to Cairo:
• CTA bus pick up point is in front of “terminal 1”.
• Bus number ‘’111’’ route ends in Shoubra district, the bus passes by Ramses square which is in front of the main railway station in Ramses area/ district. Then you can take the Metro to Tahrir square
• Bus number ‘’381’’ route ends in Imbaba district, the bus passes by Ramses Hilton hotel& casino, which is a walking distance for less than 15 minutes to Tahrir square.
• If your arrival is in Terminal 2 or Terminal 3, you will need to use the shuttle bus to reach bus stop in front of terminal 1.
• Public bus from Cairo Airport are air-conditioned and have free WiFi
• Single one way ticket cost 5.00 LE only.
• Bus route from Cairo Airport to Ramses square can take up 50 minutes and up to 75 minutes during rush hours
• Cairo subway system consist of two main lines, Blue M1& red M2.
• Switching between lines can be done on Alshouhada station which is Ramses station, and Sadat station which is Tahrir square.
Please consult public transport Cairo Airport for more information.